Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries because motorcycles do not offer the same protections that cars do. One of the most common injuries motorcyclists face is dental injuries, which can range from mild to severe. These injuries can cause physical and emotional suffering and prevent you from carrying out basic tasks like eating and sleeping. Therefore, it’s important to see our top-notch New York specialists at Rockland Dental Specialists to get started on treatment.
We can handle any dental injury with our 24 years of combined experience and state-of-the-art technology. We understand the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming and stressful, but we are here to make your time in our upscale offices as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Our specialists communicate openly and honestly, so you fully understand the extent of your injuries and your treatment options.
Common Dental Injuries After a Motorcycle Accident
If your face hits the pavement or you experience a direct impact to your mouth during a motorcycle accident, you may suffer a dental injury. The most common dental injuries that result from these types of accidents include:
- Broken teeth: Broken or cracked teeth can expose nerve endings and cause pain, sensitivity, and infection if untreated.
- Broken jaw: Depending on the severity of the break, you may need surgery to fix a broken jawbone.
- Tissue damage: While soft tissue damage is a relatively minor injury, it can still lead to pain and scarring.
- Missing teeth: Missing teeth left untreated can cause the jaw to regress, as it relies on chewing to stay strong and healthy. In these cases, you can get a dental implant or a dental bridge.
These injuries can cause long-term problems if you don’t see a dentist right away. Our caring specialists can examine any potential damage and develop a treatment plan so you always know what to expect and what the process involves. We also ensure you are confident in your smile and that any implants or replacement teeth blend in with your natural ones.
5 Signs You Should See a Dentist After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been in a motorcycle accident and suffered an impact to your face or mouth in any way, you may have dental damage. But it can be challenging to know when you should see a specialist, especially because symptoms may not arise until weeks or months after the accident. If you experience any of the following, you should see a dentist:
- Pain: Pain or soreness in the mouth and jaw area may indicate a problem that requires specific treatment.
- Swelling: If your mouth or gums are swollen, you should see our specialists right away so they can examine the problem and develop a treatment plan.
- Visible cracks in teeth: After a motorcycle accident, you should look over your teeth for any unusual lines. These cracks in your teeth could cause long-term problems if you don’t see a dentist.
- Sensitivity: Teeth sensitivity to cold or hot foods or cold air could signify that you have some dental trauma. While sensitivity can be a temporary issue, sometimes it is long-lasting and requires more in-depth treatment.
- Problems chewing: If chewing and swallowing are painful after a motorcycle accident, you may have jaw or teeth damage. Therefore, you should see a dentist if you experience this symptom.
Even if you only experience one or mild versions of these symptoms, we recommend seeing one of our specialists after your accident. Our unmatched team prioritizes your health and comfort, so you can have the most stress-free experience possible.
Schedule a Consultation with a Skilled Provider at Rockland Dental Specialists in New York Today
Dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident is not easy. If you suffer a blow to the face or mouth area, you may have dental damage that requires treatment from a specialist. Seeing a dentist can be an intimidating experience, but our talented and professional specialists at Rockland Dental Specialists in New York strive to help you feel relaxed.
Our team has over two decades of collective experience, so you can rest assured you are in trustworthy hands and getting high-quality treatment. We also want you to get the treatment you need cost-effectively, so we offer insurance verification and payment plans. Our specialists are dedicated to protecting your oral health and finding the right treatment for you. To schedule a consultation, fill out our contact form or call us at (845) 809-0109.